Tosio Kato Fellowship
Application of Tosio Kato Fellowship Starts
- 1. What is Tosio Kato Fellowship
The Mathematical Society of Japan carries out Tosio Kato fellowship with the aid of Southeast Asian Mathematical Society. The goal of the Tosio Kato fellowship is to reward a young excellent mathematician from Southeast Asia, who is expected to become a driving force for mathematics in Southeast Asia, through a one-year research stay at a Japanese University or Institute.
The budget for the scholarship is supplied by Tosio Kato foundation of the Mathematical Society of Japan founded by the bequest of late Prof. Tosio Kato.
- 2. Outline
- 2-1 FELLOW ELIGIBILITY
(1) Be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
(2) The applicant shall be an excellent young researcher of mathematics living in a Southeast Asian country and shall submit a verification form (Form1) confirming the acceptance of the research stay, by the host researcher and host institution. The applicant is required to have obtained his Ph. D. within 10 years at the commencement of the fellowship.
The host researcher must be a member of the Mathematical Society of Japan and, in principle, be a researcher who is employed full-time at a university or institute which is able to implement the project and to provide an appropriate research environment for it.
- 2-2 Duration of the Fellowship
- 1st April, 2023 – 31st March, 2024
- 2-3 NUMBER OF FELLOWSHIP AND AWARD
- We select one fellow and the fellow is awarded maximum 6,000,000 yen during the period. This amount contains the following expense.
(1) Round-trip travel expense between the candidate’s country and Japan.
(2) Expense concerning the stay paid through the institution such as health insurance, living allowance, etc.
(3) Indirect cost to execute the program paid to the host institution.
- 3. Application
- 3-1 Please submit the following three types of documents in paper before the deadline.
- The guideline is available from below
(1) Tosio Kato Application form (Form2, download from below).
(2) A copy of the most important three research papers. A certification of acceptance should be attached to a paper accepted for publication.
(3) Verification form (Form1, download from below) of the research stay filled by the host researcher.
- 3-2 DEADLINE OF THE APPLICATION
31th October, 2022 (arrival date of documents)Inquiry contact: query-kato-fellow[at]mathsoc.jp
• Guideline (English)
• Form1 (For host researcher, Japanese) : Word(.docx) ｜ PDF
• Form2 (For applicant, English): Word(.docx) ｜ PDF