The 1st Kodaira Kunihiko Prize
Kodaira Kunihiko Prize is set up with the aim of honoring the members of the Mathematical Society of Japan who made excellent lifetime achievements on mathematics.
The 1st Kodaira Kunihiko Prizes were awarded to the following researchers.
- Hiroshi FUJITA (Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo)
- Study of functional analytic methods in nonlinear partial differential equations
- Hitoshi ISHII (Research Fellow, Tsuda University / Professor Emeritus, Waseda University)
- Viscosity solution theory for fully nonlinear partial differential equations
- Toshikazu SUNADA (Professor, Meiji University / Professor Emeritus, Tohoku University)
- Study on geometric analysis and related fields
- Shigefumi MORI (Director-General, Distinguished Professor, Kyoto University Institute for Advanced Study)
- Birational classification of algebraic varieties